Dairy effluent is potentially a highly valuable resource with the ability to supply useful nutrients to the farm system. It does however require careful and strategic management to maximise the nutrient benefits while avoiding environmental contamination. An Effluent Management Plan is used to evaluate the most cost effective and efficient effluent system for your farm, while minimising environmental risks and meeting local government requirements.
LandVision can provide a comprehensive Effluent Management Plan, based on a detailed analysis of your property’s soil and land resources and a close look at your farm system. By undertaking an accurate paddock-scale assessment of the land resources, LandVision is able to generate an extensive review of the management options for your effluent system. This also enables us to look closely at the cost-benefits of alternative systems.
An Effluent Management Plan from LandVision includes:
- Paddock map and effective areas of all vegetation, parent material, soil types, on the property.
- Soils map, nutrient management blocks and soil risk analysis.
- Land Use Capability mapping
- Effluent storage and pond requirements
- Nutrient leaching, Regulatory requirements and mitigation options